Friday, December 10, 2010
I'm trying different things. Things that I don't feel confident about, which make them kind of scary.
I'm not stuck. I don't ever have to be anything if I don't want it to be so.
We don't give ourselves enough credit sometimes.
There are good days and there are bad days.
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
I want to know. Because not knowing seems to be a constant answer to everything these days.
Mostly, I want the people I'm surrounded by to be alright. Because so few of them are right now. And what's the point in being alright if you aint got nobody to be alright with?
I overused the word alright. And now I don't like it. I want to be MORE than just ALRIGHT.
Alright is settling.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Monday, November 8, 2010
Friday, November 5, 2010
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Friday, October 29, 2010
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Things fade out so fast.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Didn't know then, was it a son, was it a daughter
When it occurred to me that the animals are swimming
Around in the water in the oceans in our bodies
And another had been found, another ocean on the planet
Given that our blood is just like the Atlantic"
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Friday, September 24, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Friday, September 17, 2010
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Monday, August 30, 2010
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Monday, August 23, 2010
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Friday, August 20, 2010
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Monday, August 16, 2010
Friday, August 13, 2010
I am staying in this giant house where the walls are completely covered with imaginative, colorful, bright, crazy murals.
People walking around naked and fire dancing in the back yard is a common happening here.
There are just people everywhere, the sun is out, music is playing, alcohol is ingested, and the smell of marijuana is seeped into the walls.
This life is one that I would be down for.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
And yeah, maybe I would be in denial of this whole crazy world and my responsibilities and the people and places I left behind. And maybe I would get lonely.
But sometimes, this world is just too overwhelming. And instead of being brave and facing it. I just want to run away.
I'm pouting. I realize this.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Monday, August 9, 2010
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Saturday, July 31, 2010
I've also been listening to this song for a few weeks now...and just today I realized its about penis...or maybe sperm? Possibly sex or masturbation? Wikipedia says "Buddy" means "Body." Whatever it is, it's inappropriate. And I like it.
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Monday, July 26, 2010
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Friday, July 23, 2010
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Monday, July 12, 2010
Friedrich Nietzsche, a ruthless nonconformist, had an act for obliterating all the feel-good ideas that people had for themselves. And even though some of these...most of these, are quite cynical and pessimistic, which is normally not my way of thinking about life. However, I think that I agree with a lot of them. If you think about then, they kind of do make a lot of sense.
1. People who have given us their complete confidence believe that they have a right to ours. The inference is false, a gift confers no rights.
2. He that humbleth himself wishes to be exalted.
3. The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.
4. There are no facts, only interpretations.
5. Morality is but the herd-instinct in the individual.
6. No one talks more passionately about his rights than he who in the depths of his soul doubts whether he has any.
7. Without music, life would be a mistake.
8. Anyone who has declared someone else to be an idiot, a bad apple, is annoyed when it turns out in the end that he isn’t.
9. In large states public education will always be mediocre, for the same reason that in large kitchens the cooking is usually bad.
10. The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.
11. A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
12. We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the way in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us.
13. No victor believes in chance.
14. Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
15. Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
16. It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.
17. The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude.
18. The future influences the present just as much as the past.
19. The most common lie is that which one tells himself; lying to others is relatively an exception.
20. I counsel you, my friends: Distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful.
21. Rejoicing in our joy, not suffering over our suffering, is what makes someone a friend.
22. God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight.
23. Success has always been a great liar.
24. Nothing on earth consumes a man more quickly than the passion of resentment.
25. What do you regard as most humane? To spare someone shame.
26. Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil.
27. When a hundred men stand together, each of them loses his mind and gets another one.
28. When one has a great deal to put into it a day has a hundred pockets.
29. Whoever despises himself nonetheless respects himself as one who despises.
30. All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
31. What is good? All that heightens the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself. What is bad? All that is born of weakness. What is happiness? The feeling that power is growing, that resistance is overcome.
32. Fear is the mother of morality.
33. A politician divides mankind into two classes: tools and enemies.
34. Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell.
35. There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy.
36. The mother of excess is not joy but joylessness.
37. The Kingdom of Heaven is a condition of the heart — not something that comes upon the earth or after death.
38. What is the mark of liberation? No longer being ashamed in front of oneself.
39. Glance into the world just as though time were gone: and everything crooked will become straight to you.
40. We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
- Every single Starbucks ever has free wifi. And green tea. Which makes it like the best place ever.
- Joe's Crab Shack has dank crab. Obviously, they should. But sometimes names can be misleading, so this is just to clarify.
- At least three nights out of these summer weeks, I am a drunken hooligan.
- My body despises clothes in this 85/90 degree weather. Which is fine for me...not so fine for my roommate.
- The reason why I love teaching swim lessons: It is actually acceptable for me to act like a child.
- One of the top reasons I love Portland: All the bridges back and forth over the river.
- I have become more of a green tea addict than ever before. My mouth literally craves it the moment I wake up. Like it's programed into my brain. Sad? Or AWESOME?
Friday, July 9, 2010
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Monday, July 5, 2010
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Friday, July 2, 2010
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Im flying back today to Portland, Oregon from LAX (ughhh, hate LAX. Everyone at every other airport is so much nicer.)