Saturday, September 18, 2010

I now pronounce Sept. 18th: Nerd Celebration Day.

What this lovely Saturday consisted of:

10:00 AM: Woken up by a phone call from my lovely friends telling me to be ready in ten minutes because Im getting picked up. Oh, and to bring chocolate chips.

10:15 AM: Hit up Starbucks for the ever so scrumtious pumpkin spice lattes, where I not only saw the infamous Hilary Sasse [best friend's mom], but I also scored myself an interview on Tuesday to be barista. YES!

11:00 AM: Make chocolate chip pancakes at Jason's house.

11:55 AM: Plop down in front of the television with our pancakes and watch Lord of the Rings.

3:30 PM: Drove in Ellie's car through the rain to Powell's City of Books [aka, MOTHERSHIP] where Jason and I nerded out on J.R.R. Tolken's books and I purchased The Hobbit.

5:00 PM: Return home to watch Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.

7:00 PM: Ellie and Jason leave to an obligatory dinner while I await them to return to our marathon.

THIS DAY IS BLISS.

Also, it's pouring outside. And it's days like this, where I've been in my pajamas all day watching Lord of the Rings and eating a lot, that I really don't mind the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment