Thursday, August 26, 2010

Morning clarity.

I have been opening at work twice a week and due to my lack of transportation, I have been walking at 5:15 in the morning to get there. At first I was dreading this, but there's something about it that I really enjoy. Walking that early in the dark of the morning, where barely any cars are on the road and I am free to jaywalk. There is silence in this early hour and because my day has barely started, my brain is just beginning to function, and there is a certain clarity that comes to me. Lately there has been a cool wind lapping at my face as I walk, balancing out the heat my body generates from my legs moving so briskly. I wish I could wake up that early every morning and not be tired throughout my day. But at this time in my life, there are far too many late nights of fun to have the strength to awaken myself that early everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment