Monday, August 30, 2010

Reading machining and tectonic plates.

God, could Jack Kerouac be any more of an english genius?! This book, Desolation Angels, is wisdom in fiction form. Im obsessed. Can't get enough. I mean, listen to this:

"Music blends with the heartbeat universe and we forget the brain beat."

AND THEN:

"God how old we get and some of us go mad and everything changes viciously- its that vicious change that hurts, as soon as something is cool and complete it fall apart and burns-"

And believe me, it doesn't stop there. I could bore you with a million other quotes I jotted down on scrap pieces of paper. If you take any of my advice ever, read this book.

Registered for some classes today. So happy to be going back to school...even if it is just part time. Part time is better than no time. And one of my classes is on the geology of earthquakes, which I am thinking is going to be extremely fascinating. I feel that earthquakes are quite relevant to this world all the time. And ever since I was a young lass, tectonic plates have captivated me.

I know, I know...nerd.

Also, going to go see Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros on Thursday. I might possibly explode from happiness. I want to be them.

No comments:

Post a Comment