Sunday, July 18, 2010

Friends, lovers, and soul mates.

You wanna know what sorta blows my mind?
The idea that out of all the people on this big, giant, overpopulated earth, so many of us are able to some how, some way, discover our best friends. Our soul mates. Someone that you can relate to and connect with on a level that you can't find with anyone else.
People that you know are gonna be in your life for a long time. Possibly your whole life.
That's really something to hold on to.
I love, love, love those people in your life that you have known for a while. And you don't see them for like six months or sometimes an entire year, or maybe longer and you do finally see them and it's like you were never apart. You just pick right back up where you left off. Everything just naturally falls back into place again.
I hate trying to force things. Sometimes I feel like Im in denial, and try to hold onto people that have been gone for a long time. It's natural, I guess. People change, experience different things, mold into different lifestyles. And eventually you stop relating, slowly talk less, and eventually just stop all together. As much as that kind of depresses me, I feel like it's something I just have to accept. It's sort of hard though.

I really do just hate losing touch.

1 comment:

  1. People in come into our lives, and the go out of it all the time.......sometimes it's the ones we know the least that make most of the difference.....and I regret losing touch with THAT particular set......I guess it's a part of life...

    ReplyDelete