Monday, July 5, 2010

People.

If there is one thing I'm sure of, it's that the one thing that will truly bring me happiness in life are the people that I surround myself with. My daily social interactions. My best friends, acquaintances, family, mentors, coworkers. The way I interact with them; over the phone, over lunch, over a drunken night, a day hike, or an early morning shift. I cannot express how much my mood is lifted when I am with these people.
I am a lover of conversation. I love it when people have something to say. Something they want to get off their chest, emotions they have been holding in. I will sit, lay, walk with you for hours just to hear what you have to say.

But at the same time, I do love talking. Not so much about myself, but more about my views and ideas. Sometimes I just feel like I have so much to say and not enough people to listen. Maybe that's why I blog. In hopes that others are taking in what I have to say, and understanding and relating.
The notion of not being alone in this life is happiness enough for me.

You can have all the money and material in this world, but if you don't have people, you don't have anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment