Thursday, May 6, 2010

Wasting Time.

In the past few days, the subject of me being a positive person has gotten brought up a lot in conversation for some reason. Not to sound conceded or anything, but I often get a lot of praise from being such a positive person. And today, a friend asked me how I became that way; to have that mindset.

My response was, "Hell if I know how I turned out this way!"

But then I got to thinking. About the way that I see things.

And I guess I see it that there are SO many things in our lives and other's lives and this entire world that are so wrong and disastrous and depressing, but at the same time, there is just so much good. All around us, all the time.

It's just a matter of perspective. What we choose to see. What we allow ourselves to accept.

I feel like people shouldn't dwell on things. They shouldn't hold grudges. They shouldn't be held back or weighed down by daily stresses or negative emotions.

I see that as just a waste of time.

Although, at the same time, this is one of my faults. There have been a lot of instances in my life where I should have seen things as a bigger deal. Put more thought into certain situations.

It surprises me when I talk to someone about something that I don't see as a big deal, but then they think that it is. It makes me almost feel like I am numb to those types of feelings. Of feeling remorse and sadness and anger.

It's true, I am a happy kid. But happiness isn't the only thing that a human should feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment