Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Soraya M.

Oh boy.
So today I watched the movie "The Stoning of Soraya M."
And honestly, I have never cried so hard in a movie. Possible in my life.
Like, I will occasionally shed a tear here and there, but I was literally SOBBING.
This movie just really hit me somewhere. It's just terrible what goes on in the world. And the fact that it is based off of a true story just adds to the effect so much more.

I feel as though I am somewhat of a feminist. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I mean, seriously, I feel that throughout the world and through history women have gotten the short end of the stick more than enough times. And it's just awful to me that even today, with all of the advances that we have made in history, women are still degraded, stepped on, and thought of as useless and a burden.

Ya know, women can be badasses too. Have you ever watched Ellen DeGenerous? Or met my Sustainability professor, Barbara Brower?

And this is in no way an attack on men. I mean men are great, awesome. I love em! Maybe they deserve more credit too.

Why can't people just be treated well based on the people that they are, rather than their outwards appearances and society's standards?
Jeez.

No comments:

Post a Comment