Monday, June 7, 2010

Truly Madly Deeply.

I will forever love Ray LaMontagne. I mean, his guitar, his raspy voice, his harmonica. If he wasn't like 30 years older than me, I would put him in the running for my potential husband.

"Music is a moral law: it gives wings to the mind, a soul to the universe, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness -- a life to everything." -Plato

So for the past four days straight, I have done nothing but homework. It's been kind of fun. Not too exhilarating, however, I have come to some conclusions about homework, and other things that are not too pleasing to do.
Here it is: You just gotta do it.
I mean, when I came to Portland, I came to go to school, knowing that it wasn't always gonna be easy. So instead of dwelling on all the work I have in front of me, I might as well just do it. And feel good about it when it's done. For goodness sake, I like school. I should want good grades. I sort of forgot about that this term. But better late than never to remember.

Also, I've been like super content and happy lately. Kind of random? But good. I think that I just feel real balanced. Like things are good in several aspects of my life. Plus, I have like the best friends ever. Whether its back home or in Portland, they're all awesome. And even though school is stressful, Im finally motivated to get stuff done. And summer is so close I can taste it. And home is just a plane ride away. New apartment. Volunteering. Guitar lessons.

Sweet, sweet freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment