Monday, June 14, 2010

Movin' right along.

Bought my second summer read:
The Dharma Bums by Jack Kerouac.

Once again, my good friend Claire introduced me to Kerouac a lil while back. Claire has obviously been influential in my life. Any who, Jack is awesome. Total beatnik stuff. I can dig it. His writing is flawless and his ideas and perceptions are highly influential.

Joni Mitchell's Blue Period was a good read. Definitely interesting. She led an awesome life and wrote some amazing songs, inspiring people throughout the world. And in reading her interviews, she seems to not have such a big head about it all. Which makes me like her more.

I have become highly introspective in the past three days. I think also, my creative juices are beginning to flow. All I want to do it write and read and draw. I bought new moleskin journals today. I am feeling both experimental, as well as expressive. Maybe I'll put some stuff up, maybe not.

2 comments:

  1. You're influential to me, too! =)Isn't Kerouac just wonderful??

    I just bought two Joni Mitchell records... stoked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's all just fantastic. You should burn me CDs while Im here. I miss your mixes like no other!

    ReplyDelete