Thursday, June 10, 2010

New ends, old beginnings.

Officially done with my first year of college.
No more long nights and early mornings of endless reading, writing papers, studying.
Three and a half months of goodness awaits.

Didn't waste any time, I bought my first read of the summer: Will You Take Me As I Am: Joni Mitchell's Blue Period by Michelle Mercer.
Joni Mitchell fascinates me. My good friend Claire introduced me to her around the beginning of my senior year of high school, and I immediately fell in love. She's just so poignant and mysterious. I am one of millions of girls who are awed by her pure emotional and musical talent. I'm really looking forward to reading this one.

And even though it's officially summer. It's still pouring outside. According to the internet it's supposed to be nice and sunny on Saturday. But who knows these days.
The sun has forsaken us. I think it maybe ran away. Eloped with Mars or something. They were always in such close proximity...I always thought they would make a nice couple.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh yes. I should be done with it by the time Im home on Saturday. I will give it to you fooo shooo. It's absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete