Thursday, April 29, 2010

Whales.

I am sitting in Starbucks [my home land] writing a ten page paper about the captivity of whales. Although this is a subject that I am extremely interested in, I unfortunately cannot bring myself to write more than a paragraph at a time.
But that's not my point. My point is; whales are awesome. Like seriously, if something can be that gigantic and majestic and graceful at the same time; they've got it goin' on.

I do not think whales should be kept in captivity and be forced to preform for live audiences several times a day. Although it is good for our economy and gives people the chance to experience the sight of whales and dolphins, it just doesn't seem right and humane to me. No aquarium, no matter how well constructed, could ever amount to the ocean.

That's like my parents pulling me out of college and telling me I had to work at McDonalds for the rest of my life because we needed the money. Im just sayin, I wouldn't be happy.

1 comment:

  1. Pahaha Hannah I love this post. And it's so true. I love whales.

    ReplyDelete