Thursday, April 29, 2010

Movement.

Today in class we had a guest speaker come and talk to us about social movements. And how usually when we learn about them, we are so focused on the leaders of them; Martin Luther King Jr., Nelson Mandela, Gandhi. And these people are all amazing and have accomplished so much. But what about the thousands of millions of people that followed them? They are the ones that played an extremely important role in all of those movements. All the nameless people we see in black and white photographs in our textbooks. Those are the ones that really pushed forward to accomplish a lot of the opportunities that are available to us today.

I want to be a part of something important. Something that I am passionate about.
I want to fight for a cause that will affect millions for the better.
I want to be a part of history. Even if I'm not a leader. I want to be a part.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Hannah. So true

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL you have joined a movement, the pro-PP movement! You're famous! ;)

    Haha JK, Hannah, I love you. And you will be part of something wonderful. How could a firecracker like you not be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hannah,

    I saw your profile on on my site and I wanted to stop by to say thanks for the follow. Much appreciated!

    Brenda

    PS. I say go and chase your dream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. there are people that do this still today that stand up for whats right and what shoukld be done i am one of these people that still stand outside today and still voice my opinion no matter wat people say to me because i believe that things will change as long as people are will to fight for what they believe in

    ReplyDelete